Wednesday, January 1, 2014

PALEORIFFIC!!

Day 1 of Paleo-tastic January has come to a close!

I only ate breakfast and dinner today.  I skipped lunch because I ate breakfast so late.  Here's what I ate though:

Breakfast:  Avocado Bacon Omelet (yes folks, I ATE BACON)
Lunch:  n/a
Snack:  A delicious cara cara orange
Dinner:  Chicken Tostadas

No, I'm not hungry.  But, I probably should be.  I've been sick though - nasty cold and cough for over a week - and my appetite hasn't quite been on point.  Take last night for example: my last night to gorge myself on all the sugar, bread, cheese, and other deliciousness for a month, and I barely ate enough to feel stuffed.  I also fell asleep in bed well before midnight with my kiddo.  But hey, I beat the husband - he passed out at like 8pm.  That's what happens when you go day drinking.

So.  To avoid having to remember to post every single day, here is my menu for the rest of this week.  Next week I'll post my menu for next week.

Thursday
Breakfast:  Banana Almond Pancakes with Blueberries
Lunch:  Egg Salad (on a bunch of lettuce)
Dinner:  Orange Tarragon Chicken with sauteed broccoli

Friday
Breakfast:  Omelet Muffins
Lunch:  Egg Salad
Dinner:  Chicken and Sweet Potatoes with Shallots

Saturday
Breakfast:  Omelet Muffins
Lunch:  Leftover chicken & sweet potatoes
Dinner:  Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy

Now!  For my official pre-Paleo numbers:

Weight:  195lbs
Ribs:  37 inches
Waist:  36 inches
Hips:  45 inches
Neck:  15 inches
Thighs:  26 inches
Arms:  13 inches

Workout test:  I chose to walk a mile as fast as I can.  Today, I walked 1 mile at an average pace of 16:33 minutes per mile.

No pre-Paleo pictures.  I've taken some, but I'm not posting them till I have something to compare to.  But, here are pre-Paleo pictures of my dog:



Remember, she's going on a raw diet this month.  She's getting a bath this weekend.  She just had a bath on 12/22 and see how ratty she looks?  She also stinks to high heaven already.  Poor thing.  This was after our walk today.  Baths every two weeks + a raw diet... maybe the answers to my dog's skin allergies?  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment