Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hump Day Ramblings

Do I post too much?  Lately I think I've been posting too much.  I don't really care what anyone thinks, because I have a lot to talk about anyway.  I don't even think a whole lot of people read this blog in the first place.  I know of at least ONE person out there who wishes I would post more.  And I love her for it.  :)  xo

Today I really do have a lot to talk about.  Let's see.

First and foremost - I am SO EXCITED that I've inspired others to follow in my path!  This is so cool!  Several people have contacted me and asked for advice or recipes.  If you're on the fence, let me just say this here for all to see - for anyone who is interested, I will send you the plan I put together for myself for this month, including recipes.  At no charge, because I'm just that awesome and nice and lovey.  If you're looking for sites for recipes, please visit these three as they are my favorites:

Nom Nom Paleo  (is that the greatest blog name or what?  Why didn't I think to name my blog "nom nom" something??)
PaleOMG  (another awesome blog name)
The Clothes Make The Girl (author of the Well Fed books)

So, if you're considering going Paleo, or just interested in what it means to be Paleo, or trying to eat healthier in general, get in touch with me and let's talk it out.  Food and health has been my favorite topic of discussion for months now.  I'll gladly talk your ear off.

Second.... I have a confession to make.  Today I cheated, but only a little bit.  I found myself in a bind and didn't have much of a choice so I made the best choice possible but there was a small cheat involved.

Let me explain.

So this morning I was supposed to make this menemen recipe for breakfast today.  It sounded good.  And it sounded like looser-scrambled eggs.  Well I made it and took one bite and spit it right back out.  First off - I guess I don't like turmeric.  Some spice in there just did not play nicely with my taste buds.  Second, I really really REALLY don't like cooked egg yolks.  And I'm glad I know this, now I can stop wasting my time thinking I'll eat cooked egg yolks.  I just don't like the texture.  There was so much weirdness going on on my tongue.  So I tossed it.  :(

I was starving, and short on time, so I needed to think fast.  I had just bought almond milk for a different recipe and decided to make a smoothie out of frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, and almond milk.  It didn't come together very nicely, but what could be bad about pureed fruit, so I poured it into a cup and off I went to work.

I should have tasted it before I left, because it didn't taste good at all.  It ended up separating.  There wasn't hardly any flavor to it.  It was probably the worst smoothie I've ever had.  BUMMER.  I think I only drank like half of it, and only because I needed to get something in my stomach.

By 10am I was starving.  I had a few meetings, and all I could think about was food.  By noon I was desperate.  I knew the small portion of leftovers I'd brought weren't going to do it, so I went to the deli in the ground floor of my building and got a salad.  With blue cheese dressing.


I KNOW RIGHT.  Sorry kitty.

But, I did put tomatoes and a hard boiled egg and carrots in the salad too.

And then.  Double fail....

I just finished dinner and found out that the seasoning I normally use for pork chops has sugar in it.


I KNOW!  I know little squirrel, I know.  I messed up so bad today.  UGH.  But.  I'm not quitting.  Back on track tomorrow.  I swear I feel bloated today just because of that small amount of dairy and sugar I ingested.  Maybe I'm crazy buuuuuuuuut maybe I'm not.

Tomorrow is the first day of Weight Watchers at work.  I'm so excited to weigh in and probably be the only one who's lost weight over the holidays!  YIPPEE!

On a side-but-not-so-off-to-the-side note, I have discovered online grocery shopping and I think this is probably the greatest thing ever in the world.  Besides cheese.  Specifically, milky brie from Wegman's.  So yeah, I did all my grocery shopping online this week.  I ordered a ton of food for Moko for the next 6 weeks from Fresh Direct for like $75.  And then I ordered all my normal groceries from PeaPod by Giant.  All I have to do is go to Whole Foods on Saturday morning for my meats for the week.  I could get used to this level of laziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment