Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year, New Me

Happy New Year, everyone!

Happy Paleo Day To Me!

Last year I spent the entire year (practically) focusing on my health.  I focused on cutting bad things out of my diet, eating clean, working out, counting calories, and counting points. 

This year… well I kind of feel like the Paleo thing will take care of a lot of that for me.  I’m not going to *stop* focusing on my health.  I’m going to push forward.  And sometime this year I hope to step up to a Whole 30.  In fact, that’s probably my number 1 goal for 2014 – to do a Whole 30.  Maybe it will be February, maybe it will be December; I don’t know yet, but I want to do it. 

So this year, I want to do something different than 12 Months of Resolutions.  I found this little thing on Pinterest that made me smile, so this is what I’m going to try for 2014.

  • A bad habit I’m going to break:  Losing my patience with Maraea and snapping at her.  L
  • A new skill I’d like to learn:  Food photography!
  • A person I hope to be more like:  Someone who shall remain nameless, but I have someone in mind.  Actually, two people.
  • A good deed I’m going to do:  Donate gifts and my time to the women’s shelter drive at Christmas time organized through work.
  • A place I’d like to visit:  Really hoping to get a beach house with my sister-in-law and her family sometime this year.
  • A book I’d like to read:  The Goldfinch.
  • A letter I’m going to write:  To someone who shall remain nameless, but I have someone in mind.
  • A new food I’d like to try:  Chicken thighs.
  • I’m going to do better at:  Being a nice, calm, patient mommy.


So I’ve got 12 months to accomplish 9 goals.  Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.  Last year I accomplished 12 goals!

One thing about the reading goal:  I’m going to up the ante and say I want to read a book a month, at least.  I have been playing entirely too much Angry Birds lately.  And the second I started playing Angry Birds, I stopped reading.  That’s stupid.  I need to go back to reading.

So there’s my New Year’s resolutions for 2014.  What are yours?  Who’s going Paleo with me?  Are you ready for the SURGE of Paleo Posts coming your way this month?!

Later today I'll be posting this week's menu.  During the week I'll take pictures of my favorite meals and post the recipes for them too.  None of the recipes will be mine, so I will be sure to give credit where due.  Stay tuned folks.  And consider hopping on the Paleo wagon with me.  You're more likely to succeed if you have people around you doing it too.  I'm totally here for your support.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment