Except this year I'm not really mourning the passing of 2014. I'm somewhat rejoicing in it.
It was a really tough year for us. I don't even care to relive it by talking about it again, but we struggled. Financially, physically, mentally... I am beat.
I am so ready for 2015.
I began 2014 by going Paleo and I am doing something similar for the beginning of 2015, believe it or not.
I am going to aim to be "as Paleo as possible", with my cheats consisting of healthy cheats - like brown rice, black beans, some dairy, etc - instead of unhealthy cheats - like cheesesteaks, cheeseburgers, etc. I've had a lot of time to think about what I did right and wrong this year when it came to my diet. I have seen how eating too much grains affects my waist line and I really don't like it. Even when I thought I was eating things like brown rice in healthy quantities - it doesn't do me any good.
So anyway. That's where I'm going with my diet.
I'm still lifting and I still love it. I had another session with a trainer recently who increased my heavy squats and dead lifts by 20lbs each and yikes. I have noticed so much muscle definition in my legs and my arms. But now I'd like to focus more on my back and my core. My trainer is helping me do that. My trainer - might I mention is like maybe 5'2" and she can squat 200lbs. TWO HUNDRED. I can't even imagine...
In other news, this blog will no longer be in a little while. I've been working on a somewhat secret project for the past few months and will spend the next week getting ready to launch a new blog. Stay tuned for more information. I trust you will like it. :)
What are your plans for 2015? Resolutions? Anything big happening in your lives next year?
- I think we are going to try and make a visit out to see our west coast family. So excited!
- We have some friends and family coming to visit us next summer, YAY!!
- One of my resolutions is to read a book each month. I'm tired of being sucked into my phone. Plus I take the train now so I have about 50 minutes a day to read, at the very least.
- Another resolution: keep eating healthy, keep lifting.
- I'm in the market for an SUV. Either in the next week or sometime next year. This is mainly exciting for me because then I never have to be scared about driving in the winter ever again.
- My daughter will start kindergarten next year! ARGH!
I hope this post finds you well. Love and good wishes to all of you. xoxoxo