Friday, March 22, 2013

Plans for April

Did you know you can find anything on the internet?

The other day I was scrolling through Instagram and came across a picture of a gal I follow doing a plank.  She posted that her time was 2m 43s.  This made my core tremble.  A 2:43 plank?!  Seriously?!  And she looked like a badass pro doing it too.

So I got to thinkin'.  You know, I'D really like to improve MY plank time too.  On top of that, improving my plank means improving my core.  So I headed on over to the InterWebz and started doing some searching on how to improve my plank time.

Honestly though, I never would have thought - who cares enough about planks that they want to find a regimen to help improve their times?  Apparently I'm not the only one with this fab idea.  And thank goodness too, because otherwise I would just do one every day blindly without a goal.

Speaking of goals:  April is now hereby declared Plank-A-Day April.  I've already recruited my co-worker to do them with me.  Whoop.  :)

The goal is to beat 2 minutes by the end of April.  But I've already gotten some feedback that I might be able to beat 3 minutes by the end of April.  Which makes my core tremble.

I'm not sure what will happen, but let's find out.  :)

For the future - also researching "intuitive eating", "clean eating", and other various methodologies about "eating" so that I can shed all my fat.  Expect another deprivation month coming up.

2 comments:

  1. I am really interested in clean eating too! I am going to try and incorporate it into my life this month as much as possible. I follow a bunch of people on IG who are really inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Jax! You should. I can't wait to put my juicer to use this weekend. I'm going to get it out of the box and pick some recipes. Let me know how you like the clean eating thing. I personally don't find fruits and vegetables satisfying enough to sustain me throughout the day. It's a major lifestyle change for me. :(

      Delete