Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day 3: Yoga-A-Day March

So it's day 3 of Yoga-A-Day March.  So far, so good.  I've done both routines all three days, and it's just over 30 minutes.

Something surprising?  I had no idea how much WORK yoga is.  Or how much it makes you sweat.  I am far from graceful, or flexible, or good at keeping my balance, but it's going pretty well.  I like it.

Something awesome?  My awesome daughter has done yoga with me the past two mornings.  :)  I really like that.  This morning she came down the stairs and said "Mommy, can I eckersize wif you again?"  I love that that was the first thing she said to me when she saw me.  I'm planting good habits.  :)

I don't see any difference in my appearance yet - not that I expected to - but I do feel it.  I kind of feel it everywhere.  And I don't know if yoga is supposed to help you sleep better but I came home from being out all day yesterday and c-r-a-s-h-e-d.  I went to bed at 9 and woke up at 7 this morning.  I never sleep that much.  I almost felt like I was drugged.

I should have thought to take a before / after picture for this month.  But I'd be so embarrassed to post the before picture.  So I think I'll just post an after picture and hope that the 3.4 people who read this blog take my word for it.  ;)  IF this month is worthy of an after-picture, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment