Monday, May 27, 2013

Ow.

Well people, I am many things.  But a runner - I am not.

A week after run #2 of Couch to 5k and I'm still in so much pain that it's hard to walk; it's hard to go up and down the stairs; it's hard to stand from a sitting position; it's hard to sit from a standing position; it's hard to do anything.  Forget squatting down for anything, getting on my knees for anything, walking at any pace other than a waddle... Owie ow ow ow.  I wake up in the middle of the night because my knees ache from being in one position for too long.  Sitting Indian-style?  I may be able to get into that position, but getting out of it?  PAIN.

I've been told to ice and stretch - stretching huuuuuuurts.  Boy does it hurt.  I can barely pull my heel to my butt to stretch now; before, I could do that and barely feel a stretch anywhere.

Now that I've been in pain for a week, I suppose it's time to go to my doctor.  I have pretty much figured out by now that my patellar tendinitis has returned, but I don't know how to proceed.  I feel like the pain has gotten worse over the past week, when it should have been getting better, which worries me.  I really don't want to go to physical therapy.  I really really don't.  But resting my knees are practically impossible.

I'm really mad at myself.  I really should have listened to my body after the first run when I felt like it wasn't right.  But no, I had to be all stubborn and stupid.  I'm so mad I didn't stop then.

I may have now gone and ruined my chances at working out for several weeks.  UGH so stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment