Sunday, February 10, 2013

Oreos are NOT candy

At the grocery store yesterday:

Me:  Ooo!  Oreos are on sale.
Aaron:  What?  You can't buy Oreos.
Me:  Why not?
Aaron:  Aren't we in the middle of Candy-Free February?  I read your blog, you know.
Me:  Oh.  Well, I have a coupon for them.
Aaron:  So?
Me:  Well they double coupons here!  AND they are on sale.  So I can get two packages for...
Aaron:  (shaking his head)
Me:  What?!
Aaron:  Nothing mama, you do whatever you want. 
Me:  Oreos are NOT candy!
Aaron:  Okay...
Me:  Grrr.
Aaron:  (laughs)
Me:  Well, I'm just going to get them.  They are 2 for $6 and I have a $1 off coupon and they double here which means we'll get 2 for $4 which is a really good deal...
Aaron:  Okay....
Me:  I just won't eat the whole package in one sitting.


Why did I post this?

So those two packages of Oreos remain unopened through the rest of February.  He's the best husband in the world because though he was trying to clue me in on me 'replacing' again, he was also willing to let me buy them because he knew it would make me happy.  You know, a few months ago we were on vacation and I was lamenting my curves, the ones I like and the ones I can't get rid of, and he made a point of telling me that he really does love me no matter what.  He loves me exactly as I am and wouldn't have me any other way.

I was just thinking about this conversation today and he's right, I was rationalizing, I was justifying, I was replacing.  So, I got two packages of Oreos for a great deal, but I'm not opening them this month.

Thanks Pookie.  I love you.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment