Thursday, February 14, 2013

Candy-Free February Update II

How's this for awesomeness?

Today is Valentine's Day.  And while there is a chocolate cake sitting on my Valentine's-bedecked dining room table right now just waiting to be cut into after dinner tonight, I am not dying to eat it.  I am also not dying for candy either.

CAN I GET A FIST-PUMP PLEASE.

You know what?  This falls right in line with what happened last month.  Around the middle of the month I just didn't care about soda anymore.  But then towards the end I started wanting it again... and since I know that's what's coming in the next couple of weeks, I will be prepared for it.  Candy, be warned.  I am armored against you.  You will not break me down in the next two weeks!

I know the next two weeks will be fine and I am eager - perhaps almost too eager - to start my March monthly resolution.  March will officially be - da da da daaaaa - Yoga-A-Day March.

I've done some research and found about 5 moves that I can do every day with ease.  Shouldn't take me too long so I can do them in the morning or in the evening.  I plan on doing them even if I am rowing that day (it would actually probably do me some good).  Speaking of rowing, I will be rowing 3 times a week by the time March rolls around.

And and and!  As if all of this wasn't enough, next week I will be experimenting some with my smoothies.  I'm going to add spinach (been too scared to till now) and also oatmeal.  Maybe not to the same smoothie, we'll see.  I'm going to try one at a time and see how it goes.  I don't eat anything green really so I need the spinach and I think the oatmeal will help beef it up a little to keep me fuller till lunch.

To give an update on my dairy-free exploration: The Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks aren't half bad at all.  I think for most things I could substitute them for regular butter safely.  But for some things it might take some trial and error.  I might always keep butter in my fridge but mostly use the vegan ones.  We'll just have to see.  I also picked up some vanilla almond milk, which is not opened yet but may be opened soon.  Stoked about this too!

So.  By the end of this month, I will be soda-free and candy-free.  March will be a new test for me - it will be adding something to my daily routine instead of removing from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment