Wednesday, April 3, 2013

YIKES!

I just had a serious wake-up call.

I went scrolling through the past month or so of meal entries in My Fitness Pal, and my sugar intake is ASTRONOMICAL.  Insanely astronomical.  I've read and heard from several sources that sugar turns into fat and that fat is specifically stored in the midsection - no wonder why I haven't been dropping any weight.

Sugar is the enemy!!

Do you know how much sugar a woman should consume in a day?  The recommended allowance is 20-30g per day.

Here's some highlights for you for the month of March - the date and how much sugar I consumed.

3/2 = 114g
3/3 = 45g (without even recording all my meals)
3/4 = 101g
3/5 = 95g
(then I got lazy and didn't record for a while)
3/13 = 142g
3/15 = 65g (without even recording all my meals)
3/18 = 203g
3/19 = 155g
3/20 = 104g
3/22 = 134g
3/25 = 105g
3/27 = 74g
3/28 = 103g

Holy crap!  203 grams of sugar on March 18th?!  Holy SHIT.  No wonder I'm not shedding any weight.  I am far exceeding my recommended allowance and just not burning it off in any way.  I can't believe how many times I exceeded 100g of sugar per day.  It's making me sick just thinking about it.

Granted - some of the sugar comes from the fructose in my smoothies, which is better than sucrose, but still. I think it's very clear I need to avoid sugar and really watch my consumption.  I've added this element to my tracking list on My Fitness Pal in an effort to keep a closer eye on it.

I highly recommend that you do too.

In May I wanted to start doing the Couch to 5k program.... I may still do that, but perhaps I should incorporate a sugar watch as well.  Ugh, I'm so disgusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment