Monday, February 27, 2012

Week 5 / 52 of Maraea

I'm a few weeks behind, but that's because I've been waiting on some film to get developed for my 52 project.  And also because I've been busy with work, and school, and being a mom.... you know, the usual.  School wraps up this week.  I'm going to take my final tonight and then have a full two weeks off before I go back.  Next week, I took off of work too, for my birthday.  So next week I will literally (hopefully) have *nothing* to do but play with my camera.... and watch TV.  And eat.

I don't know about you guys, but I've been addicted to Pinterest.  There is a Photography section that you can go through, and it does two things to me simultaneously.  First, it inspires me, and makes me want to grab my camera and run outside and shoot, or look for models to practice on.  Then, it makes me really sad.  Because I don't have the time to do any of that.  I wish I did.  I wish I could quit my job and be a stay-at-home mom and make a small paycheck taking photographs for one reason or another.  When I'm paging through all the beautiful black & white photographs, I just feel an aching in my arms, a longing and a need that I have to fulfill.  I am so moved by black and white photography, and I really want to perfect mine.

All in due time, I know.  All in due time.

So anyway, enough lamenting and on to my beautiful daughter.  Did you guys know she's gorgeous?  Seriously.  If you didn't, here's proof:


Ok so, she's making a funny face.  And her face is out of focus.  But do you know what she's doing here?  She's reaching for my camera, demanding "MY DO!", because she wants to take pictures.  Because she wants to be just like me.  :)  And this makes mommy happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment