Thursday, August 6, 2020

Dear PIC

Today I am just mad.

I am mad that you deleted all your old social media accounts.  You were so much better at taking pictures than I was.  So much photographic evidence of our visits and friendship, gone!  Pictures of you with Maraea, at the baseball game, in NYC... gone.

I am mad that I was apparently fasting from social media during the times you visited, and don't have photos of my own to look back on.

I am mad that you're gone.  That YOU are GONE.

I am mad that I won't ever get to visit you in Indiana again.

Today I am leaving to drive out there for your service, but I won't even get to see you.  I won't get to be in your presence.  I won't get to see your face one last time.

I am mad that you are gone.  That my future does not include you.  Or your daughters.

I'm mad that you're gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment